Quan Research Centre.
Quan is founded on science and driven by data. In our Quan Research Centre, we leverage the latest science to ensure our platform is evidence-based, targeted, and impactful. We test, measure, analyse, and publish.
The science behind Quan.
Since day one, our mission at Quan has been to improve the well-being of people, teams, and organizations. To achieve our mission, we place science at the heart of well-being. Our in-house cross-functional team of experts blend their mastery in organizational, behavioural, clinical, and health psychology as well as psychometrics to create powerful tools that are empirically tested at our Quan research centre.
Our approach is rooted in scientific literature, conversations with practitioners (e.g., doctors, therapists), and public involvement of those with first-hand experience such as employees, team leads, and organizations so that our research is designed and conducted with them rather than for them. We then conduct extensive testing, run sophisticated statistical modelling, and we are committed to peer-review and publications in high impact journals as well as academic and industry conferences.
Did you know...
Most people do not know which mental health apps could be helpful to them. When given directions, the 72% of people follow through with downloading recommended apps.
In a review of anxiety apps, 67.3% did not include health care professionals in their creation and only 3.8% were supported by robust research.
A survey found that 76% of people would be interested in using mobile phone apps for mental health monitoring, which illustrates the high demand for mHealth apps.
Only 2.08% (21 of 1009) of available psychosocial wellness and stress management mobile apps are evidence-based.
Only 20% of the existing workplace well-being platforms include features for well-being communication between team leads and employees.
Collaborate with our People Science Team!
THE QUAN SCIENCE PATHWAY
Projects in Motion
Quan Well-Being Index
The first step of our approach is Quan-tifying. Our novel Quan Well-being Index is a holistic assessment of personal and workplace well-being. A sensitive measure that tracks thoughts, behaviours, and feelings. Our Index is an integral part of our approach since based on the results from individuals and teams we provide personalised interventions to improve their well-being. Org, clinical, practitioners and psychometricians work relentlessly on creating a robust, validated and reliable instrument.
- Theory: We reviewed 150+ scientific papers and spoke with over 50 global experts (including doctors, psychologists and therapists, among others).
- Testing: We are continuously testing our Quan Well-being Index with independent samples and the latest statistical models on Index development and validation.
- Publication: We are committed to peer reviewing and publishing our results in scientific journals.
Quan Well-Being Path
The second step of our approach is based on the concept of Quan-tum. We take the minimum amount of each well-being entity identified through our Quan Well-being Index and recommend personalised interventions.
We believe in no “one-size-fits-all” approach as for us well-being is not a perk but a personalised journey everyone should undergo. To ensure each user reaches their destination in their well-being journey and has the maximum effect we use evidence-based interventions. We do this in two ways:
- A science-based ecosystem: We only recommend science-based applications and platforms - the latest technology that has been shown to improve certain well-being aspects.
- In-house evidence-based tools: Our in-house tools are built in consultation with clinical and organizational psychologists and behaviour experts. To ensure measurable differences, we have in the pipeline efficacy and effectiveness studies, and randomised controlled trials to test the effect of our platform on the well-being of employees, teams, and organizations.